This new series from UCSF explores common medications, herbal therapies, and household chemicals that can make our lives healthier, more convenient, and better but when used incorrectly, either intentionally or inadvertently, they can become life-threatening poisons and toxins.
Learn about the latest designer and adulterated street drugs, toxic land and marine creatures, common household ingestions, misbegotten uses of herbal medications, and the way that we use the laboratory to solve poisoning mysteries.
Get more information on how to reduce your exposure to known toxins and how to safeguard yourselves from substances that have to potential to harm.
- Toxins in Your Everyday Environment
- The Toxicology Detective: How The Laboratory Solves Unknown Cases
- There’s No Place Like Home…For Life-Threatening Pediatric Poisoning
- Toxic Plants, Fungi, and Herbal Supplements
- Street Drugs: What’s Out There and Just How Bad is It?
- Toxic Creatures: Bites and Stings